Production/Fabrication Lead – 2nd Shift
We are looking for a highly skilled individual that can lead our 2nd shift and aid the Production Supervisor along with maintaining the daily set up and operation of our Press brake and Fabrication Dept. This is a hands on leadership position.
Lead Responsibilities include:
- Allocating work in accordance with production priorities and employee capabilities.
- Communicate required departmental and individual work schedules to employees.
- Monitor job progress, productivity, quality, resource needs and make adjustments as needed.
- Act as the initial point person for quality and schedule issues for released work orders.
- Promote process improvement activities.
- Support and promote company safety rules.
- Provide input to the Production Manager for the performance review process.
Press brake/Fabrication Duties and Responsibilities includes:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal such as galvanized iron, copper, steel, or aluminum, or nonmetallic material such as plastics or fiberglass, according to product specifications.
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates.
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls, and routers, to cut, bend, block, and form, or straighten materials.
- Shapes metal material over anvil, block, or other form.
- Trims, files, grinds, deburrs, buffs, and smooths surfaces.
- Welds, solders, bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to assemble products.
- Installs assemblies in supportive framework according to blueprints.
- Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
- Repairs and maintains sheet metal products.
- Operates computer aided drafting (CAD) equipment to develop scale drawings of product or system.
- Performs various other duties as assigned within the physical constraints of the position.
- Must have positive attitude and good work ethic.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and experience.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.